> Rick Olson wrote and ran precisely such a Q&A site over at railsweenie.com or
> some such and it was very active for a while but I guess eventually went
> dark. Maybe he'd be interested in passing the code off to you and dumping the
> existing data if he still has it and thinks it is still relevant. Then it
> could be put up at railsbeginner.com or railsdocumentation.com or what have
> you.

I was looking for help for well over a year, and eventually gave up
after getting no real responses and then losing the domain :/  The
data is still intact, but it's barely more than a beast forum anymore.
 At that point, I'm not sure what the value is over something like
railsforum then.  It used to have an arbitrary point and ribbon system
to sort of reward folks for helping others out though.

We're talking about moving the Mephisto wiki (which is riddled with
spam) to a custom mephisto setup and appointing writers to maintain
the docs. This is how prototypejs.org is setup
(http://prototypejs.org/api, also with Mephisto).  Ultimately though,
it doesn't matter what system you use, just that there's an active
team keeping things current.

--
Rick Olson
http://lighthouseapp.com