I'm frequently in need of generating a formatted polymorphic url.
Currently, it's done ugly because the formatted_polymorphic_url code
is broken (see ticket 8782 and Mislav's #2 above).  I would like to
see that helper working-but if the job can be done with something
simpler, I'm all for it.  Trevor's suggestion is intriguing -leave the
"formatted" prefix off and use the signature to determine if
formatting is required.  That would be ideal.