> I'm not sure how feasible this would be to implement,  if the file
>  with that directive in it hadn't been required yet AR wouldn't know
>  how to map 'Some::Crazy::Stuff' to 'Administrator'.
>
>  Any thought rodrigo?

I think the point of #sti_class_name is so that SomeMigration::User
writes "User" to the type field.  AR::Base#compute_type shouldn't need
to create some custom name => class hash map or anything like that.

FWIW I've committed the original patch.  See also:
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994-ruby-on-rails/tickets/114

--
Rick Olson
http://lighthouseapp.com