On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Adam Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I'm the only one who was bit by this issue, then so be it.  But if
> it keeps coming up, putting the full gem (with the extra 2.6 megs and
> hundreds of files; yes it is a beast!) into vendor/ doesn't seem to be
> all that bad, in this day and age of broadband ;)

It isn't just the download bandwidth, it's moving around and storing that
extra 2.6 meg for every checkout, branch, deployment, release, and backup
for every rails app, everywhere, forever, not to mention the few extra
split-seconds on every full-project search.  CPU, diskspace and bandwidth
are cheap, but not infinite, and it adds up when you think of it that way.
That's why I prefer to freeze nothing ;)

-- Chad