Hey Matt, I did some thinkng about this and I'm not sure if the
simpler use cases are actually simpler with attr_accessible, or if
they're just different? For any given model I generally only have one
resource controller, so in that case I'd simply be moving the
attribute list from the model to the controller. And when a model is
represented by more than one resource controller, it's probably
because of an entirely different context with different permissions.
And of course there are easy ways to DRY up a list of attributes that
are commonly used without needing official API support.

Do you have any examples where this would be a bad idea? Perhaps I'm
missing something obvious here.

But yes, I split #2705 into a separate ticket because it's more about
opinion than functionality.