I am running rails on mongrel with RHEL5 and I have a curious issue
with the file permissions set when I upload a file and store it to my
uploads storage folder. I have the uploads storate folder set to
drwx------ owned by my user who is running mongrel. When the files get
written they come out -rw-rw-rw. I am aware the file.write is a ruby
module (which is what I am using to write) but I can't seem to find
anywhere how it ends up -rw-rw-rw and not just the default folder
permission or umask ... I even set my user's umask to 077 in /etc/
bashrc before I started mongrel, and still, after an upload -rw-rw-
rw ... It could be a system issue, but I figured I'd ask. I am also
aware that I can follow my file.write up with a umask or chmod, but I
thought to check with the community to see if there was a place where
I can just default all file writing to -rw------ ... it seems safest
to default to this, especially in a shared server environment.