> Come on guys, these are all open source projects. If something isn't
> working on a newer version, how much work would it be to get it to
> work?

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here, but I'll bite.  It's very
often quite a bit of work.  It's even more work to then maintain 1.8.6
and 1.8.7 compatibility once you do it.

While, as I've already stated, I think supporting 1.9 is very
important - please don't minimize the effort that it will take
everyone in the community to do it.

thanks,
-Chad

---