Done.  I've created the ticket and enclosed a patch here:
https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16213-rails-guides/tickets/105-activesupportorderedhashreplace-results-in-corrupt-keys

Turns out the problem was more fundamental than just
OrderedHash#slice! -it's actually a problem in OrderedHash#replace.

-Chris