Hi Marcin,

may be I didn't understand you correctly, but I think config.action_controller.asset_host is not related with the problems I address with the patch.

If you set asset_host to "/public" for development, urls look like this (resolved by browser):

original: public/stylesheets/jquery/redmond/images/test.png
cached: public/stylesheets/images/test.png

After my patch:

original: public/stylesheets/jquery/redmond/images/test.png
cached: public/stylesheets/jquery/redmond/images/test.png

If you set asset_host to a different host, like "http://mydata.com:123/data/":

original: http://mydata.com:123/data/stylesheets/jquery/redmond/images/test.png
cached: http://mydata.com:123/data/stylesheets/images/test.png

After my patch:

original: http://mydata.com:123/data/stylesheets/jquery/redmond/images/test.png cached: http://mydata.com:123/data/stylesheets/jquery/redmond/images/test.png

So there should be no need at all to set absolute urls in the stylesheets, as the browser does the resolving of the external url's relative to the location of the css.

Corin