I'd like to jump in with a heads-up to people testing documentation they've
written or generating edge docs for themselves: while making a new template
for Rails 3 docs (porting Hanna <http://wiki.github.com/mislav/hanna/> to
RDoc >= v2.4) I've discovered a number of bugs in the latest RDoc release
(v2.5): the biggest bug being that a large number of methods are never
present in the final output as well as missing extra files like CHANGELOG or
README.

The last release known to work was RDoc v2.4.3. Example of using it through
rubygems:

  $ cd activerecord
  $ rdoc _2.4.3_ --main README CHANGELOG README lib

It will render docs with RDoc's new default template, which is good enough
for testing purposes. To render only a single file, specify it in the file
list instead of "CHANGELOG README lib".

Hope this is useful to somebody.