> But using link_to from within this context, somehow I don't have
> access to the controller variable used internally, fx in url_for.

That's because the controller itself has its own implementation of
url_for, if you attempt to reuse those helpers in the controller it's
just not going to work.  Given that link_to is defined in the same
module as the view's url_for, you probably won't be able to get this
working without serious hacks or code duplication.  But I'd question
what you're trying to do here, why are your controllers generating
html without using views?

--
Cheers

Koz