On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 04:32:02PM +1100, Ryan Bigg wrote:
> I think making this a gem first would be a good start, and once its garnered
> major support then it will be merged into core. Not all applications have to
> validate email and URLs (although, a large majority do, I will concede)

I agree with this.  A gem first would be a good start.

One problem is that pretty much every place I've worked has had different
rules for validating emails and urls.  Some places are fine by using the
RFC, some places want their own specific business rules, etc.

I'd rather not have these types of validations in core as I've never
worked at two places that had the same validation rules.

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/