I thank that because this bug has been around since 3.0.2 version:
https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/6034-human_attribute_name-scopes-translations-differently-for-nested-classes-since-rails-302
lot of people assumed that using '.' instead of '/' is the new way of
doing things in rails 3 and already changed their scopes in yml files
and follow "the new convention".

I also already started following a convention of namespacing classes
only in modules (never in another classes) because of problems
mentioned in
https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994-ruby-on-rails/tickets/6448-i18n-key-collision-with-namespaced-models#ticket-6448-11

I would have:
class Articles
module Articles
class Articles::Articles

This a big break in API and it happens second time during last 5
releases. Could we clarify this thing once for all the time?

Robert Pankowecki