On Tue, February 28, 2012 10:56, Colin Law wrote:

> A complete shot in the dark, but in database.yml what
> have you got as the adaptor?  If it is not sqlite3
> then try that.
>
> Colin

etl_execution:
  adapter: sqlite3
  database: db/etl.sqlite3
  timeout: 5000

I would gladly get rid of SQLite altogether but the
ActiveWarehouse gem that we use to load data from our
older computer systems depends upon it for housekeeping.
I would also contemplae updating SQLite but I cannot. We
must use packages provided in the distribution or from
authorized repositories (EPEL or Rpmforge) and none
provide a more recent version than 3.6.6 for SQLite for
RHEL5.

The problem apparently lies with ActiveRecord 3.1.  The
SQLite adapter exists and works with my version of SQLite.
 ActiveRecord 3.1 complains about not finding it.
ActiveRecord 3.0 does not have this problem.  To my mind
this is a defect.

This problem is reported elsewhere.

  http://intertwingly.net/blog/2011/08/09/Upgrade-Unavailable

James B. Byrne                mailto:byrn...@harte-lyne.ca