On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Prem Sichanugrist <sikand...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It used to be the fact that if you set flash[:notice] and try to render
> the page, the flash message will not be displayed. That's why they have to
> implement `flash.now`. Is that still the case?

Currently if you set flash[:notice] and render, it's available both in this
request during the render, and in the next request.

With what I'm proposing, flash[:notice] would only be available in this
request. If you redirect, rather than render, it would be available next
request. (And flash.now goes away.)