This could potentially cause performance problems with apps that were not built
expecting this behavior. We want to stay away from features that are _too_
magical. If anything I would make the behavior "opt in" by specifying some flag
in the model like:

    belongs_to :user, eager_load: true

Or as a separate method

    eager_load_parent!

If this is a feature you would like, I suggest you turn it into a Gem and get
real world usage and feedback from the community.

--
Richard Schneeman
http://heroku.com

Sent from the road