Em 26-03-2013 18:26, Godfrey Chan escreveu:
Short answer to one of your questions - yes, that applies to gems/engines as well. For example, see this <https://github.com/thomas-mcdonald/bootstrap-sass/commit/b67e39575f749ac2cf122273eab119840c951aee> and this <https://github.com/littlebtc/font-awesome-sass-rails/commit/511cb1713b7afa545049390dc9de3980729a81b7>, or the source of this change here <https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/7968> and the related GH issues.

Excelent, Godfrey! You're the man!

Adding those image extensions to config.assets.precompile did the trick! Thank you so much!

Anyway, let's keep this thread on topic (discussion around whether to add a single space for safari compat). If you need more help on the assets thing you can email me directly, although I think my last two responses already covered pretty much everything I know about this change.

Sure, sorry, I won't post more about the assets precompilation issue in this thread (or any other since it is fixed now).

But I also believe this thread about "head" is over too as Rafael already stated that he intends to remove the single space from the head responses before Rails 4 final release if I understood correctly...

Cheers,
Rodrigo.