Hi,

I noticed that datetimes and timestamps are handled inconsistently between
databases. Mysql treats them as datetime[1]. Postgres treats them as
timestamp[2]. Sqlite treats them as datetime[3].

I read through the documentation around specifics of datetime and
timestamps in various databases and was wondering if there's a database
specific nuance that I do not understand or something else I'm missing.
Could someone throw some light at this?

Thanks!

[1]
https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v4.0.0.rc2/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_mysql_adapter.rb#L146-L147