That’s why the proposal of immutable relations, User.where! would raise a
ActiveRecord::ImmutableRelation but must be a way to create mutable relations,
Model.all would be fine since it returns new relations on each call (not sure
about internals but it seems not too difficulty to make it work):

irb(main):012:0> Transaction.all.object_id
=> 70363740246020
irb(main):013:0> Transaction.all.object_id
=> 70363740260420

An “acceptable" API would be:

User.where!(email: ‘b...@example.com’)
#=> raise ActiveRecord::ImmutableRelation(“You can’t use bang relation methods
directly on model, use User.all.where! instead”)

User.all.where!(email: ‘b...@example.com’)
#=> []

Cheers,

Gabriel Sobrinho