IMO the scaffold controller is not designed to be used for building all parts
of your application. It's soul purpose is for you to put up a quick and dirty
controller.

Along similar lines: I strongly doubt your admin controllers are going to need
to respond to json.

I would strongly recommend AGAINST ever using scaffold for any code within
rails and stick entirely with writing controllers by hand so you get all the
stuff you want with none of the crap you don't.

It's actually this same viewpoint which has lead to the removal of the scaffold
controller from the getting started guide, too.