Hi,

Your use case is rather specific, I don't think we should add such an option.

BTW, you may override active_record's init in your application.rb file. I did a proof of concept, see this gist: https://gist.github.com/phurni/caac3efcbb43a38b8946

Cheers,

Pascal

Le 16.05.14 15:12, Pier-Olivier Thibault a écrit :
Hi!

I'm working on a project that uses rails and I would like to have an onboarding process where rails works even if there's no database connection. I detect if ActiveRecord::Base is connected and if not, I show an html page to the user that explains how to connect it to the database.

With how the initializers works, I believe it's not possible to include ActiveRecord and not have it connected to a database so I created a fork and wanted to discuss about it here.

Here's the patch in my fork as it is right now:

https://github.com/pothibo/rails/commit/f359fd6288bc3a05f41266eeecbce04e21d8a5a2

Here's a few things that might be worth discussing:

- Is it something that can make it to master?
- configuration name: can I name it better?

Have a good day,

Pier-Olivier Thibault
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Core" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-core+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:rubyonrails-core+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-core@googlegroups.com <mailto:rubyonrails-core@googlegroups.com>.