Thanks for the response.

IMO the amount of boilerplate code that comes with ERB is not only
unnecessary but adds visual noise to the understanding of the view code.
That being said, it is really easy to switch, so the issue here would be
more of what we want to encourage versus being able to do it.

I understand and respect your choice, and from your response I deduct it is
not going to change in the near future.

Best,
Zamith

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Xavier Noria <f...@hashref.com> wrote:

> Rails core prefers ERB because you get what you see and in this case that
> wins for our taste. The simplicity of ERB outweights for us the benefits
> other people see in those template systems.
>
> Rails ships with that default, and also allows you to switch to whatever
> you prefer.
>
>  --

Cumprimentos,
 Luís Ferreira