Hi Colin,

I was suggesting that can we comment them in the generators itself. So that
they will be present but commented. Obviously when we want to write tests
and use them, we have to go to that file and edit it. We have to do it in
any case, whether they are commented or not.

Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:39 AM, Colin Law <clan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 November 2014 14:54, Prathamesh Sonpatki <csonpa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > A newly created fixture file by Rails generators contains some fixtures
> by
> > default with keys 'one' and 'two'.
> > If I add any null constraint on some column in that table and try to run
> > tests then it fails. Because Rails tries
> > to insert records with null values on columns having not-null constraint.
> >
> > What do you think about adding the fixtures through generators but
> > commenting them. So when I actually want
> > to use those fixtures, I will go into fixtures file and uncomment the
> > existing ones or add new ones.
> > Right now it becomes a little painful to see build failing just because
> of
> > those fixtures.
>
> Not sure what question you are asking, but to comment them out just
> put # at the front of each line.
>
> Anyway you are writing things the wrong way round, you should add or
> amend the tests to check the constraint functions as expected (which
> will cause the test to fail as the constraint has not been added yet)
> then add the constraint so that the tests work again.
>
> Colin

./prathamesh
 GITHUB <https://github.com/prathamesh-sonpatki> Blog
<http://prathamesh-sonpatki.github.com>