My own preference is towards the longer, descriptive names. Partly for
consistency with index naming, and partly because it's nice to be able to
glance at them and know what they are (though I understand the argument for
them falling out of date).

I'll go ahead and make a PR for that option. If there's serious objections
to it, hashing is easy enough to add. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on
this!

Cheers,
Chris