I noticed today, when I mistyped the keyword "references" as "reference"
that rails g model doesn't enforce the types of attributes added to a
model, so when the migration is run, an error occurs. Is there a reason
this isn't enforced? Since generate model creates a migration by default,
it would make sense for the rails command to catch errors like this before
generating a bunch of files. Are there ever use cases where the you would
want to pass an attribute type that wouldn't work in a migration, or is
this a reasonable feature?

Thanks!