I know y'all on core are busy.. I thought this was a reasonable proposal to
improve the usability or Rails, especially as rails-api gets merged in
https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/19832

Besides JBuilder and https://github.com/rails-api/active_model_serializers,
I know of  https://github.com/cerebris/jsonapi-resources ( which basically
forces you to use their render call that wraps the model in a 'resource
serializer' ) and https://github.com/RestPack/restpack_serializer ( which
requires you wrap your model in its serializer in the controller yourself
).  I think they'd all benefit from having a nice place in the request
lifecycle where the how the rendered resource is serialized can be
configured.

Anyhow, basically justing bumping to see if there's interest in a PR