Changing this method's name reeks of bikeshedding.

Any one with more than a day's worth of Rails experience knows the difference
between these two methods and how to use them.

In my experience, the return value for save is almost always checked.

If we deprecate save and then have only save!, you would be encouraging the use
of exceptions as flow control and that's well-known as a coding smell.