Hello,

I am a research assistant at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I am
working on continuous integration environments. My current project involves
Rails and Travis.

I looked at the Rakefiles, .travis.yml and ci/travis.rb files and I noticed
that some tests are run twice in a single build: once all together in a
single process and then in isolation. For instance, action pack in this
build <https://travis-ci.org/rails/rails/jobs/112657065>. I would like to
understand why you are doing this. I suspect you want to catch test
dependency issues.  I would appreciate it if you could confirm my thoughts
or give me any detail about this process.

Thank you,

Matias Waterloo