Ah yes I see what you mean. I think you're right, the after_fork only runs when
the Unicorn/Puma process is forked, not AR connection re-established.

In that case, a hook inside of ActiveRecord::Base does indeed seem more
appropriate.

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 11:23 AM, Greg Navis <cont...@gregnavis.com> wrote:
>
> Jason, thanks for your reply. I think your approach has the same problem as
> initializers - the code won't be executed for connections reestablished
> during the app's lifetime. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
> --
> Greg Navis
> I help tech companies to scale Heroku-hosted Rails apps.
> Free, biweekly scalability newsletter for SaaS CEOs

----

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt
t...@datatravels.com
http://www.jasonfleetwoodboldt.com/writing

If you'd like to reply by encrypted email you can find my public key on
jasonfleetwoodboldt.com (more about setting GPG: https://gpgtools.org)