Ladies and Gentlemen

As original posted on github
<https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/25772#issue-164738525>:

I understand that the project disallows cosmetic changes but:

   - Some projects follow stylistic rules (even rails does)
   - Rubocop is quick to set up, and configure (even rails uses it)
   - For initial generations, additional work is required in new rails
   project to ensure lint compliance.
   - The best way to make sure a project is compliant with a developer's
   lint preferences is to make it compliant with all the linter's modules

If I could take the time to ensure rails new app generates a rubocop
compliant skeleton app, will the maintainers consider merging the code?

This will essentially reduce the time it takes to scaffold a project and
would be a backwards compatible feature.

This feature could then be extended to ensure all the `generate` commands
make lint compliant code.