Currently you can add a flash notice to your render call like so:

flash[:notice] = "Notice me!"
render :index

Similar to how it can be passed with redirect_to, I'd like to be able to
pass it as an argument to render:

render :index, notice: "Notice me!"

I've been using a monkey patch to allow this, but if you think this is a
valid feature, I'd love to write a pull request. Here's the code for the
patch, I can't find where I got it, but I wasn't the original author:

https://github.com/tomprats/tomify/blob/master/config/initializers/flash_patch.rb

Thanks,
Tom