Thanks for all your work on these PRs, Vlad. Reviewing them, though,
doesn't seem to me like they were ignored. Lots of discussion and back and
forth on all of them.

A good baseline assumption when a framework or feature in Rails isn't
seeing specific updates for a while is that it's doing what it needs to do
for the people who originally contributed. I wrote a bunch of the original
code with Pratik and Matthew, but now it Just Works for my needs, so I've
directed my personal attention elsewhere. That doesn't mean the project is
abandoned, just that there's an ebb and flow in many open source
contributors bandwidth for specific projects or features. Since these
tickets saw the majority of their interaction, we've pushed hard to get
Rails 5.1 out, which included a bunch of other things. So that's where a
lot of the energy went.

In terms of plans, I don't think there's anything more specific for Action
Cable than for any of the other frameworks. We keep working, keep
improving. But PRs need reviews, which means bandwidth from senior
contributors in a position to apply that. Doubly so if the changes are
large. And that bandwidth will, as described above, wax and wane.

I see that Kasper was the last Rails core contributor to help with the
reviews. He's just shipped encrypted secrets and the form_with unification
for Rails 5.1. So maybe he'll have more time to pick this back up with that
out the door. But it would be great to have more eyes on the reviews as
well. Open invitation to anyone who's interested in diving in and
understanding Action Cable.