I’ve just suffered a long 20 minutes trying to debug why an app was broken:
Missing its Rails.application.secrets, even though secrets.yml was in place
and "looked" OK.

The problem was a tiny whitespace glitch in my YAML, which meant the app
was failing to load the secrets for its current environment.

Should this be considered a bug? Does it make sense for the app to continue
booting if it can’t find its secrets?

I’d happily file a pull request for this if s., I’ve looked at the relevant
code and it doesn’t seem to be a difficult change to make, but I wouldn’t
want to commit the effort if I’m wrong about this and there are
circumstances where it makes sense to plough on even if secrets can’t be
loaded.

Let me know,
Chris.