I'm struggling with getting mupdf functioning on heroku and wondering if
anyone can provide some details (I'm assuming Basecamp has it
functioning...and, I believe they are hosted on Heroku).

I've upgraded to rails 5.2 and am implementing ActiveStorage.  I have
successfully installed mutool locally using homebrew and everything works
great.  However, PDFs do not process on Heroku.

mutool is a bit confusing.  Rails docs require "mutool", Homebrew installs
"mupdf-tools", Heroku wants "mupdf".

I have successfully installed apt and mupdf on heroku following these steps:

    - add a new Aptfile to the root of my application with only "mupdf"
listed
    - commit and push the Aptfile
    - THEN run heroku buildpacks:add --index 1
https://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-apt
    - push again so heroku will finish installing apt and mupdf

mupdf builds successful during the push

    heroku buildpacks now returns
    1. https://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-apt
    2. heroku/ruby

If I refresh a page calling for a variant on a PDF, the image fails to
process and the job kicks back the following error:

      Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - mutool

It seems mutool and mupdf are synonomous...so, I tried swapping out mutool
for mupdf in my Aptfile...that failed to build from "...not found'.

Anyone know what action I need to take?

PS:  This is part of implementing rails 5.2 using ActiveStorage.

# UPDATE

I added mupdf-tools to Aptfile and that seems to fix the "no such file or
directory" error.  I don't know for sure because a new errors surfaces

    MiniMagick::Invalid: `identify /tmp/mini_magick20180105-4-pvub9r`
failed with error: identify.im6: no decode delegate for this image format
`/tmp/mini_magick20180105-4-pvub9r' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/544.

    MiniMagick::Error: `identify -format %m %w %h %b
/tmp/ActiveStorage20180105-4-1f46tem[0]` failed with error: identify.im6:
no decode delegate for this image format
`/tmp/ActiveStorage20180105-4-1f46tem' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/544.