When shutting down, restarting, or deploying a new version of an app, all
processes have 30 seconds to finish, including jobs. If a worker is stuck
in a job that takes more than that, the process will receive a SIGKILL.
Note that this is not the only reason why we want to do the heavy lifting
in batches, locks and memory consumption are other examples.