I have already installed it a played with a bunch this last week.  I
posted a short blog on getting it to work on the mac on my blog
http://dysinger.net/2008/04/14/installing-apache-and-mod_rails-on-mac-os-x-leopard/

It's a nice setup.  It's going to be on shared host provider's sites.
It's not that big of a deal for big sites - nginx & mongrel + monit is
probably the best setup to date.  Ebb looks pretty cool down the road.