Seeking masters of web 2.0 who also love sports.  Submit your resumes
to jobs (at) rorpower (dot) com.

RoR Power (http://www.rorpower.com) is a boutique recruiting firm
specializing in Ruby on Rails opportunities. We have been retained by
a well-funded startup in Berkeley, CA to find a few Ruby on Rails
developers with a passion for sports.

The company is a social networking site revolutionizing sports media
by enabling fans and pro athletes to interact. It has already signed
up many prominent athletes from NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, etc. Its
website traffic increased 2000% in 2007, and the pace is continuing in
2008. The company needs superstar (or future superstar) RoR developers
to build a world-class online sports destination.

The company is very well-funded and serious about building out its
world-class team. Current team members came from ESPN.com, Disney
Online, Napster and Ofoto, and  investors include well known VCs and
superstar athletes.

We are looking for a total of 3 or 4 hires, from entry level RoR
developers (0 - 6 months RoR with prior LAMP or Java experience) to
architect/director level RoR wizards.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

    * Be involved in all areas of the online experience, from front-
end (CSS, HTML, AJAX, Flash, etc.), to the application layer (Ruby on
Rails), to the database (MySQL).
    * Build cutting-edge features using the latest Web 2.x
technologies.
    * Add scale and robustness as we continue to grow

REQUIRED SKILLS:

    * Experience with developing a high-volume, B2C website, using
LAMP, Java, or RoR -OR- You are super-smart and motivated, and can
convince us that we should hire you anyway.
    * Excited to work in a start-up.
    * Great at SQL and designing efficient data models.
    * Excellent OOP background
    * Solid experience with standard web languages/protocols (HTML /
HTTP / AJAX / CSS / REST).
    * You thrive in chaos
    * You have completed a marathon in under 4 hours (just kidding...)
    * Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.

DESIRED ATTRIBUTES:

    * Hands-on experience with at least one Ruby on Rails deployment,
and knowledge of Rails-related tools and practices.
    * Experience in designing, building, and growing large server
farms.
    * Sports is the first section of the newspaper you flip to
    * You hang out in sports bars.

Please email your resume and samples / URLs of past work to jobs (at)
rorpower (dot) com. This is NOT a spam folder that no one looks at.
Resumes submitted to this address are automatically loaded into our db
and crunched immediately for suitability.

Whenever you refer someone to us that we place, we will send you a
check for $2000 as a Referral Bonus. Please make sure the person you
refer mentions your name so you can get credit for the referral. Or
send me the person's contact info and we will contact the person
directly. (Phone number and email address preferred.)