Very good question.  As far as I know, there isn't, but the limits of
my knowledge are significant and it'll be fun to be proved wrong. :-)

Assuming there isn't, though...  I'm assuming you're not in control of
both of the handlers, because if you were, you could just have the
first one call the second one when it's done its bit.  I'm also
assuming you're in control of the second handler.  You could have it
check for its dependency (e.g., the div) and, if not found, set up a
call back to itself to try again via window.setTimeout...

FWIW
--
T.J. Crowder
tj / crowder software / com