At 12:04 AM +0100 3/25/08, Peter De Berdt wrote:

>Just use $A(document.getElementsByClassName('foo')) instead of
>document.getElementsByClassName('foo') and you will have an array of extended
>elements, which is what you probably want. Simple workaround and haven't had
>any problems with it yet, both on Safari 3.1 and Firefox 3 beta (which also
>implements a native getElementsByClassName.

This is a good thing to know but Safari 3.1's new implementation of
getElementsByClassName does not seem to use the parentElement parameter so I
get elements for the whole page... not what I needed.

At 4:03 PM -0600 3/24/08, Dan Dorman wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Dan Dorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  $('node-id').select('class-name');
>
>Oops:  $('node-id').select('.class-name');

yep, .select did it.

For the record, I changed:

elms = document.getElementsByClassName('classname',parentElement);

into

elms = $(parentElement).select('.classname');

The $ is handy when the element isn't yet extended OR is an id and don't forget
to put the '.' in front of the class name to make it a class selector.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Steve