Hello Folks,

I've got a problem on a type of event in IE.
It works perfectly on Firefox 2, Konqueror 3.5.8 but not on IE 6.

Here is a very simple test case :
http://paul.gregory.free.fr/prototype-IE-problem/bug.html
(I've also posted the source code on the bottom of this message)

In a nutshell, a link is shown on mouse over on a div.
The problem is that the event on the link is never sent on IE.

Grégory

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<head>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="prototype.js"></script><!--
Prototype's version 1.6.0.2 -->
        <script type="text/javascript">

                // On load, initialize events
                Event.observe(window, 'load', initializeEvents);

                function initializeEvents(e) {
                        $('area').observe('mouseover', showLink);
                        $('eventToLaunch').observe('click', function(e) {
alert("Ok, it
works !"); Event.stop(e); });
                }

                function showLink() {
                        $('toInsert').show();
                        $('area').insert( $('toInsert') );
                }
        </script>
</head>

red">
                A link will appear on mouse over.

for
Firefox 2, Konqueror but not IE 6 ! Why ?</a>