On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 7:36 PM, kangax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I actually find certain traversal methods too limiting. We could
> easily make siblings/ancestors/etc. accept an optional selector/
> iterator argument (or even both, where function would be treated as
> iterator and string as selector). This also leads to a better
> performance. I cooked a patch for this some time ago
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/11143 Does this make sense?

It makes a ton of sense, since before I even started work on that last
snippet, I was wondering why that sort of functionality wasn't already
in Prototype. That ancestors, siblings, et al, inherit from the same
method would seem to make it exceptionally low-hanging fruit. Any idea
on whether your patch will make it into the next release?

:Dan