I'm using Effect.Opacity so I thought there should be no problem.

Here is my code:

    var charts = $$('.chartlink');
    var lastClicked;

    $('<%= lblChangingChart.ClientID %>').hide();

    charts.each( function(chart) {
        chart.onclick = function() {
            var questionid = 0;
            if (typeof(lastClicked) != 'undefined') new
Effect.Opacity(lastClicked, { from: 1.0, to: 0.5, duration: 0.5 });
            lastClicked = this;
            $('<%= lblChangingChart.ClientID %>').show();

            if ($('questionid')) {
                questionid = $F('questionid');
            };

            new Effect.Opacity(this, { from: 0.5, to: 1.0, duration:
0.5 });
            new Ajax.Request('/Handlers/ChartHandler.ashx', {
                method: 'get',
                onSuccess: function(resp) {
                    Effect.Fade($('<%= lblChangingChart.ClientID
%>').id, { duration: 0.5 });
                    $($F('previewid')).src = chart.childElements()
[0].src;
                },
                onFailure: function(resp) {

                },
                parameters: {
                    selectedchartid : this.id,
                    questionid : questionid
                }
            });
        }

        new Effect.Opacity(chart, { from: 1.0, to: 0.5, duration:
0.5 });
    });

Well, there is no errors in firefox so I wonder where my problem is?