I have done this so many times before, I have no idea what the problem
is.

I have a button which calls a method (Foo.startSort) which in tern
instantiates a sortables.

Sortable.create(parent,{tag:'div'});

This works fine, and I can drag around the items. But whenever a
draggable item is over another draggable item my error panel goes
nuts. Here are just some of the errors:

options is undefined
[Break on this error] if (options.tree) {
dragdrop.js (line 934)

Sortable.options(dropon) is undefined
[Break on this error] if(overlap > .33 && overlap < .66 &&
Sortable.options(dropon).tree) {
dragdrop.js (line 755)

sortable is undefined
[Break on this error] if(sortable.overlap == 'horizontal')
dragdrop.js (line 833)

Sortable.options(dropon.parentNode) is undefined
[Break on this error] if(overlap > .33 && overlap < .66 &&
Sortable.options(dropon).tree) {
dragdrop.js (line 755)

Sortable.options(dropon) is undefined
[Break on this error] if(sortable.overlap == 'horizontal')
dragdrop.js (line 833)

this.setDefaultStatus is not a function
[Break on this error] if(sortable.overlap == 'horizontal')
dragdrop.js (line 833)

Any help would be nice. Thanks.