I'd like to have the same behavior of the "silly easy shopping" demo
here: <http://demo.script.aculo.us/shop> only drag items into a
sortable list. Once dropped into that list, the new elements would be
able to be dragged within the sortable list, just like all the other
elements that were previously there. Dragging multiple instances of
the same object into the sortable list would just create more
instances of that object type.

I've searched this list, and seen plenty of requests for help with
this idea, but nothing definitive about how to actually do it.

Can anyone point me to a working example somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Walter