I would like to be able to drop a Draggable element into an existing
Sortable list, and have that element "join" the sort. It seems to me
that I would need to remove the existing Sortable, and then re-create
it once the new element is in place. But that's as far as I've gotten
in my musings. Can anyone point out an example of this pattern that I
could pick apart?

This is a re-stating of a question I asked yesterday, which didn't
get any answers yet.

Thanks in advance,

Walter