Hi, I'm new around and I have been trying to achieve a certain effect
using script.aculo.us, but it seems I can't handle it alone due to the
fact that I've never used prototype before. I can't even say that I'm
a good javascript coder ... so I'd highly appreciate any help

Here is my problem: I have a list of draggable divs, variable number
of them. I also have a fixed number of droppables. I want the user to
be able to distribute a specified amount (less than the number of
droppables) of the draggables into droppables of his choise (only one
draggable per droppable). Nothing difficult so far (except that I
don't know how to limit the user to place only one draggable into a
droppable, but that would not be a problem if the following
functionality could be implemented).
Now what I could not make by my own is: While the user makes the
distribution of the draggables he may decide that he wants to place a
draggable in a non-empty droppable. I want him to be able to do that -
and when he drops it into the full droppable the one that is in the
droppable should return either back to it's original place as it was
dropped to a non-droppable area or go to the droppable (no claims to
be moving to there, just appearing there is enough) from which the
other droppable was dragged (if it was not dragged form its original
place but from another droppable).

So could you please help me with this? If it's not possible a brief
"not possible" will do either :)

Thanks in advance!