> Are these event handlers, or are you calling them directly?  If you're
> calling them directly from other code, you probably want bind() rather
> than bindAsEventHandler().

To be honest I can't tell the difference. But no I don't think they
are events they are callbacks I can register so I'm not calling them
directly from my code. The slider.js merely provides them. I think I
already tried bind() and got the same result as with
bindAsEventHandler(). The second parameter got lost.

> If they are event handlers, then the
> parameters to them will be just the event -- but you can use
> Function.curry[1] to deal with that.
> [1]http://www.prototypejs.org/api/function/curry

I'll have look at curry.
Thanks for the suggestions!