From: rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Phil
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:40 AM
To: Ruby on Rails: Talk
Subject: [Rails] Amateur Programmer

Hi, I have two questions:

1)  How do you cast in RoR2?  I have this:
      <% ....
      total = 0;

      (@person.quizzes).each { |a| puts total+=a }

       %>

<%= total %>

However, the compiler treats a as a string.  I want it to be an number.  Help?

2)  How do I make this (http://github.com/activefx/
restful_authentication_tutorial/tree/master/) work in an application?

Thanks!