I tried to ask this question once in Ruby-talk and inside another post in
this list. No one answered me and I doubt anyone is able to answer it.

So, I tried changing the subject in a weird, although correct question, to
see if someone could help me.

In actionpack/lib/action_view/paths.rb, there is the following snippet:

def templates_in_path
  (Dir.glob("[EMAIL PROTECTED]/**/*/**") | Dir.glob("[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/**")).each do |file|
    unless File.directory?(file)
      yield Template.new(file.split("#{self}/").last, self)

That got me intrigued. What is the difference between
Dir.glob("[EMAIL PROTECTED]/**/*/**") | Dir.glob("[EMAIL PROTECTED]/**")
and just
Dir.glob("[EMAIL PROTECTED]/**")
?

Thanks, Rodrigo.