Hi all,

I have an application that produces an RSS feed of blog posts. To do
this, I have a file rss.rxml that contains code like this:

@blogs.each do |blog|
    xml.item do
       xml.title            blog.subject
       xml.link            blogs_path
       xml.description blog.body
       xml.guid           blogs_path
       xml.pubDate     blog.created_at

I want to move this code into a to_rss method on my Blog model, so
that I can simply write:

@blogs.each do |blog|
    blog.to_rss
end

The idea here is that it should be really easy to add other items to
my rss feed, like photos or events - my view file can then generate
the feed for a collection of arbitrary objects, as long as the models
all have to_rss methods.

My question is, what do I need to include in the model in order to use
the xml builder? I want to write in blog.rb

def to_rss
    xml.item do
       xml.title            self.subject
       xml.link            blogs_path
       xml.description self.body
       xml.guid           blogs_path
       xml.pubDate     self.created_at

This raises an error like "undefined variable xml". Does anyone know
how to solve this?

Many thanks,
Adam